The Subdrill DSV™ Test Stand provides a quick, easy, pre-defined and safe method of testing Drill Stem Valves prior to installation in the string, without requiring the Rotary Table, Rig Tongs or Iron Roughneck.
Now standard protocol with a number of drilling contractors, the Subdrill DSV Test Stand has been designed with speed, efficiency and safety in mind. By utilising the DSV™ Test Stand, Drill Stem Valve testing can be carried out quickly and safely off-line in parallel with BOP testing or drilling. In addition, it is estimated that the operator will save approximately 2-3 hours during a routine rig BOP test.
Drill-Stem Test Tool / Valves
The drill-stem tool has four compulsory components, the pressure recorders, the test valves, the hydraulic by-pass or equalising valves, and the packers. In particular, the valves have a major role to play in the operation of the drill-stem. Making sure that the valves are tested correctly and function properly under pressure is vital to the operational integrity of the drill-Stem. The Subdrill DSV™ Test Stand has the following features and benefits:
• 15,000 psi Maximum Working Pressure
• Requires only a Chain Tong for make-up and break-out of X-Overs and Valves
• Avoids the use of the Rotary Table, Rig Tongs or Iron Roughneck
• Compact design
• Interchangeable X-Overs available for Drilling & Tubing Rotary Threads
• Non-Rotate feature
• Tests off-line in parallel with BOP testing or drilling
• Saves 2-3 hours during a routine rig BOP test